Start Generating an Income Assessing Soil Samples from Your Home in Just 6 Weeks!
* This is the very last time that the Launch Your Lab Offer will be made available at the special price of $3,600
With Our In-Depth Online Programs & Dedicated Study, You Can…
Learn the Theory
Complete The Foundation Courses Online
In this series of 63 lectures you’ll learn all the theory behind the Soil Food Web, including how to make, assess and apply BioComplete™ Compost and liquid inoculums.
Master the Microscope
Complete The Certified Lab-Tech Program
As a Certified Soil Food Web Lab-Tech, you’ll have the skills to show farmers what their soil needs to boost yields. This is a great way to start making connections for the future.
Income From Home
Start Assessing Soil And Compost
Having their soil assessed is often the first step farmers want to take when they start thinking about soil biology. Some of our lab-techs charge $120 or more per sample.
Saved Client $1 Million While Eliminating Pesticides & GMO
“One of my clients out in the Midwest does soy and corn. In 3 years they completely eliminated Roundup… switched over to non GMO, and just that alone had saved them over $1M… What business can you go into, make money, and yet you’re giving back to society? You’re giving back to the environment and you’re giving back to your children.”
Todd Harrington, Harrington’s Organic Land Care
We Know These Are Uncertain Times
We also know that demand for locally produced food is strong and that our planet’s food production systems will only be as healthy as our farmers’ soils.
This is a great opportunity to start generating an income and connecting with farmers as you transition from the Foundation Courses to the Consultant Training Program, which is why we’ve combined 2 virtual training programs into one powerful bundle:
YOU DON’T HAVE TO BE A SCIENTIST OR FARMER TO MASTER Dr. Elaine’s™ SOIL FOOD WEB APPROACH.
Serious about a career in Soil Regeneration?
The Launch your Lab Training Bundle Includes:
Foundation Course 1
Introduction to the Soil Food Web
- Understanding soil
- The benefits of the Soil Food Web
- Soil Food Web microorganisms
- Working with the Soil Food Web
- Case studies
Foundation Course 2
Making BioComplete™ Compost
- The history of Compost
- BioComplete™ Compost
- Making BioComplete™ Compost
- Large scale production
- Application methods
Foundation Course 3
Making BioComplete™ Extracts and Teas
- Producing BioComplete™ extracts
- Producing and balancing BioComplete™ teas
- Application methods
Foundation Course 4
- Using the compound microscope
- Biological morphology
- Interpreting data
Certified Lab-Tech Program
Setting Up & Operating as a Certified Soil Food Web Lab-Tech
- One-on-one microscopy training with our expert mentors (virtual sessions)
- Formal assessment for certification (2 attempts)
- How to Launch Your Lab Guidebook
Keisha & Casey came from a permaculture background and they now run a successful commercial composting business in California – Catalyst BioAmendments.
Launch Your Lab
All 4 Online Foundation Courses
Access to the FC Forum
Certified Lab-Tech Program
How to Launch
Your Lab Guidebook
* This is the very last time that the Launch Your Lab Offer will be made available at the special price of $3,600
Brian used to work in IT.
He pivoted to his passion.
He’s now running his own successful business as a Soil Food Web Consultant and testing soil samples out of his home.
Meet Dr. Elaine Ingham
Founder of the Soil Food Web School
Dr. Ingham discovered the soil food web nearly 4 decades ago and has been pioneering research ever since. Widely recognized as the world’s foremost soil biologist, she’s passionate about empowering ordinary people to bring the soils in their community back to life.
Dr. Elaine’s™ Soil Food Web Approach has been used to successfully restore the ecological functions of soils on six continents. The courses offered by Dr. Elaine’s™ Soil Food Web School have been designed for people with no relevant experience – making them accessible to individuals who wish to retrain and to begin a meaningful and impactful career as Soil Consultants.
The Soil Food Web is Nature’s Operating System
Here are some of the benefits to the ENVIRONMENT, of restoring the soil food web:
Plants absorb carbon from the atmosphere during photosynthesis and they invest a substantial proportion of this into the soil (~40%), to the feed microorganisms. This is the basis of the mechanism that pumps carbon into the world’s soils. It has been estimated that by regenerating the world’s soils using the soil food web, we could halt and even reverse climate change within 15-20 years!
Protecting Insects & Plants
Recent studies have shown that the world’s insect populations have been declining by around 25% every decade for the last 30 years! Bird populations are also plummeting and other animals are being affected too. The major causes have been identified as habitat destruction and the use of pesticides.
Clean Rivers & Oceans
Typically only about 40% of the inorganic fertilizers, applied by conventional farmers, are absorbed by plants. The rest pollutes our air, rivers, lakes and oceans, causing major damage to those ecosystems and to the world’s oceans. With the soil food web in place and the use of holistic management practices, inorganic fertilizers are not required.
Prevent Soil Erosion
The earth’s topsoil’s are being eroded at an alarming rate – some recent estimates suggest that we only have between 30-60 years left before they are completely depleted. The soil food web is nature’s way of building the structure that prevents soils being washed-away by heavy rain or blown away by the wind. Intensive plowing and the use of chemicals destroys this structure, leaving the soil vulnerable to erosion.
150% Increase in Yields with Many Costs Reduced by 60%
Shane Plath, Passionate Horticulturalist.
in South Africa, employing over 2,000 people.
Restoring the Soil Food Web is the Essence of all Soil Restoration Practices.
Here are a few of the benefits for FARMERS:
Increasing the quality of the yield is an important factor that can have a significant impact on profits. We have worked with many producers who have reaped the rewards of improving quality e.g tomato growers in South Africa who increased the percentage of their Grade 1 Produce from 18% to 50% in just 1 year. Shelf life can also be significantly improved by the soil food web. It is not currently understood how this works, but the results have been demonstrated.
Disease & Weed Suppression
The army of microbes that comprise the soil food web not only nourishes plants and trees, it also protects them from diseases and pest organisms. By covering the surfaces (above and below ground) of the entire plant of tree, beneficial microorganisms form a protective layer that prevents diseases from attacking the plant. This is just one way in which plants and trees are protected from diseases and pests. The presence of a balanced soil food web also drastically reduces weed pressure by creating conditions that are not advantageous to weeds.
Play the video above to meet some of the passionate people who work behind the scenes at the Soil Food Web School!
Together, we can Heal our Planet.
As you complete Dr. Elaine’s™ Foundation Courses, you’ll join our global soil food web community comprising people who are out there making a difference. As part of our community, you’ll get access to the Foundation Courses Forum and to regular live Q&A webinars with Dr. Elaine and her team.
Completing and passing the Foundation Courses with a 90% average grade will ensure that you are automatically eligible to join our Consultant Training Program. Our Consultants are equipped to implement Dr. Elaine’s™ Soil Food Web Approach and turn their knowledge and skills into a meaningful and profitable career. Qualified consultants are in high demand!
Dr. Elaine’s™ Approach Is Accessible To Anyone.
Sign-up Today and Start Watching the Video Lectures.
It’s a self-paced course, so you can learn in your own time. If you get stuck, you can ask a question on the forum or in the live webinars.
Download All the Lecture Slides, and Written Materials.
Make your own notes to ensure that you really learn this material well. Put all this together and you have a permanent record to refer back to.
Take a Quiz After Each Lecture to Test your Knowledge.
You’ll get plenty of time and you are allowed to refer back to your notes and to the lecture slides too.
Choose your Payment Option
With the payment plan, you’ll receive all 4 Foundation Courses for a total of $3,950 (normally $5,000), plus you’ll get the Certified Lab-Tech Program FREE (normally $1,000)!
January 2021 is the very last time that the Launch Your Lab Offer will be made available at the special discounted price of $3,600
* With the Full Access option you’ll receive all 4 Foundation Courses (normally $5,000) for only $3,600 and you’ll get the Certified Lab-Tech Program FREE!
** With the payment plan you’ll receive all 4 Foundation Courses (normally $5,000) for a total of $3,950 and you’ll get the Certified Lab-Tech Program FREE! Around 6 Foundation Courses Lectures will be released to you with each payment of $395.
Demand for Soil Food Web experts is so strong, Nick has a waiting list of clients who want to work with him.
Foundation Courses FAQs
Are the courses all online?
Yes the Foundation Courses are 100% online, theory based courses. You will watch a series of lectures and take a short quiz after each one.
Are the courses self paced?
Yes they are. You will need to commit around 100 hours in order to complete the 4 courses. You will be given access for 12 months – this is because we recognise that absorbing this much material requires a consistent and sustained effort. Time extensions after 12 months are considered on an individual basis.
When can I start?
You can start as soon as you sign up.
What will I learn?
- About the various groups of microorganisms that make up a fully-functional soil ecosystem, and how their interactions result in a constant flow of nutrients being made available to plants and trees.
- How plants and trees control the army of microorganisms in their root zones. Plants feed specific groups of microorganisms in order to harvest the particular nutrients required at any given moment. This results in vibrant, healthy plants and in super-nutritious fruits and vegetables.
- That there is an abundance of nutrients locked-away in the crystalline structure of the mineral particles that make-up all of the world’s soils – from the desert sands to prairies and forests, there is no soil on earth that is incapable of providing all the nutrients that plants require. The missing-link is the army of soil microorganisms that can access these nutrients and make them available to plants.
- How beneficial soil microorganisms prevent diseases and pests from attacking plants. By occupying infection sites all over the roots and all of the above-ground parts of the plant, beneficial microorganisms make it impossible for the ‘bad-guys’ to get access to the plant. In addition to this, beneficial microorganisms create aerobic conditions in which the ‘bad-guys’ (which are mostly anaerobes) cannot survive.
- That beneficial microorganisms build structure in the soil, thus preventing soil erosion whilst simultaneously improving water holding capacity, infiltration and oxygenation. Having structure in the soil enables roots to go much deeper into the ground, where they can access greater quantities of water and nutrients.
- About the way in which the presence of beneficial fungi results in diminished weed pressure. Have you ever noticed how there are very few weed to be found in a forest?
- How introducing the Soil Food Web can drastically increase the ability of a soil to capture and store carbon from the atmosphere.
- The history of agriculture and how certain practices have resulted in the destruction of the soil food web in so many of the world’s soils.
- Basic plant physiology and biochemistry. The course covers the basics that are required in order for you to be able to fully understand the processes that are taking place in a living, functional soil.
- About how the soil food web has been reintroduced to over 5 Million acres worldwide. You will review a number of case-studies that demonstrate the effectiveness of the soil food web and how it can be implemented on projects of any scale, any crop and in any climate.
- How to make and apply BioComplete™ compost and liquids.
- About the different kinds of equipment, you can use to make and apply the amendments you make.
- The farming practices that are harmful to soil biology and what farmers can do to avoid them.
- How to quantify the different organism groups in a soil, compost or liquid sample, using the compound microscope. This will enable you to measure results as they happen underground and before they happen above ground.
How many lectures are in the Foundation Courses?
There are 63 lectures total in all four Foundation Courses. To see the full break down of the Foundation Courses and the lecture titles, please click here.
How much do they cost?
The regular price is $5,000 for the 4 courses.
How long will it take me to complete them?
Students typically require about 100 hours in order to complete the FC at a reasonable pace. We would advise you to take your time and make notes that you can refer back to later. You will be able to download the slides from all the lectures and also the Course Manual which provides a great deal of supplemental information and an extensive glossary. You’ll have access to the lectures for the next 12 months so you can watch them as many times as you like.
Do I need any qualifications to start the courses?
The courses are designed for people with no background in the field. Basic chemistry and/or biology is an advantage.
Will this course enable me to find employment as a Soil Food Web Consultant?
Students wishing to pursue a career as a Soil Food Web Consultant will need to progress from the FC to the Consultant Training Program. Qualified consultants are currently in very high demand.
What do graduates do when they have completed their training?
Some become consultants and help farmers to transition away from using chemicals, to using biology instead. Others focus on producing great compost, which they then can sell to soil consultants or direct to farmers.
Certified Lab-Tech Program FAQs
What kind of equipment will I need to buy in order to take the CLP and run a lab? How much will it cost?
You will need to buy a suitable microscope and microscope camera, as well as some ancillary equipment such as test-tubes and slides etc.. Please take a look at this pdf for more information. You can buy a perfectly adequate microscope and camera for $500-$600 (please see the recommendation in the pdf)
How much money can I expect to earn?
That depends on you and how much effort you put into attracting new clients. You will need to identify and approach local farmers, growers and compost producers. We will provide you with information on how to do that and some tips from other Certified Lab-Tech’s that have been successful.
How much time do I get to complete the CLP?
You’ll get 8 hours of mentoring time and you can spread that out over a period of 3 months. You’ll need to complete the Foundation Courses (FC) first, but that can be done in just 4 weeks, working full-time. We advise students that they need between 120-150 hours to complete the FC, so 4 weeks is plenty of time if you are focused. You’ll have 12 months to complete the FC.
What if I fail the assessment?
You’ll get 2 attempts at taking the assessment. If you fail both times, then you will need to book some additional time with your mentor in order to work on whatever is going wrong. Once you have ironed-out the problems, you’ll be able to retake the assessment.
Where will I be featured on the website?
Your information including name, address (optional), email and phone number will be featured on this page.
Can I charge whatever price I want for assessments?
The short answer is yes. Some Certified Soil Food Web Lab-Techs tell us they charge between $120 and $150 per sample, but there are no restrictions. Remember it will take you about an hour to complete the assessment and the report.
Will you recommend me to farmers?
We do receive inquiries from farmers, growers and compost producers who want to have an analysis performed. Some just go straight to the website and find a lab-tech by themselves. We make recommendations based on proximity, so if someone in your region contacts us, we’d recommend them to you.
How can I find or attract new clients?
We will provide you with information on how to do that and some tips from other Certified Lab-Techs that have been successful.
What if I have never used a microscope before?
That’s not a problem. This program is designed for beginners.