Agriculture is Facing a Crisis
Farmers and Ranchers around the world are facing huge challenges like…
These critical issues, along with demand for ecologically produced foods, are motivating farmers, ranchers, and growers to switch to Regenerative Agriculture. With the Soil Food Web Approach, you can fast-track your soil regeneration program.
Limited Places Available
The Benefits of the Soil Food Web
It’s the soil microbial community, AKA the Soil Food Web, that drives the system.
Your regeneration program will be dramatically accelerated once you balance the biology.
You’ll see the results you need in months instead of years!
Once you restore the natural balance to the soil biome, your yields will improve and you’ll no longer be dependent on expensive chemical inputs.
With beneficial biology in the soil, plants get to control their own nutrition by exchanging sugary exudates (produced by the plant during photosynthesis) for the nutrients they need, when they need them.
Improved nutrition, soil structure, and protection against pests and diseases are some of the ways in which plants are positively affected, resulting in increased yields.
Beneficial soil microbes build soil structure, which enables water to better infiltrate clay soils, while increasing the water holding capacity of sandy soils.
Well-nourished plants can better protect themselves against pests. Disease-causing organisms are out-competed, consumed and inhibited by beneficial organisms. Weeds are selected against.
It’s the biology in the soil that drives the system. By ensuring that the soil biome is in good shape, Farmers, Ranchers, and Growers can see results in months instead of years.
Whether you’re growing on a small scale or large, alfalfa or almonds, United States or United Emirates, the Soil Food Web Approach simply works. Watch these short case studies to hear more…
Corn & Soy 10,000 Acres
York Farms (USA)
York Farms is a 10,000 acre multi-generational family farm in Illinois growing soy and corn, servicing 100,000 acres of surrounding farms. Todd reported that as the chemical and fertilizer costs went down, his client saved more than $1,000,000 in the first three years.
Grapes, Cannabis, Turmeric...
Ecuador, India, Peru, & USA
Terraforma saved one client $600 per acre and increased yields for another client by 146%. In this amazing webinar Soil Food Web Consultant, Miles Sorel, presented Case Studies on projects from 4 different countries.
Potatoes, Onions, Greens…
Market Garden Makeover (Sweden)
Soil Food Web Consultant, Renald Flores, reported an average increase in yields of 72% across 8 different types of crops on this market garden near Stockholm, Sweden.
Limited Places Available
“But Will This Approach Work For Me?”
Click on the most common objections below to get our perspectives.
Dr. Elaine has an informal teaching style that makes the lectures easy to follow.
You’ll have access to the Student Forum and monthly live Q&A sessions where your questions will be answered.
The Mentoring Program is also designed to be very flexible. You can book sessions with your mentor when you feel you need support. The pace is designed to suit busy farming professionals.
All plants form symbiotic relationships with the microbes in the soil.
What you get with the BioCompleteTM Compost Training Bundle
- 63 Lectures and Quizzes in the Foundation Courses (FC) by Dr. Elaine Ingham.
- 26 hours of Mentor Time to help you make your own compost and master the microscope.
- Monthly Q&A Webinars with Dr. Elaine and other soil regeneration experts.
- Access to the FC Student Forum where your questions will be answered by Dr. Elaine and her team.
- Certified Soil Food Web Lab-Technician status and free listing in the directory on Soilfoodweb.com (once you have successfully completed the Microscopy Proficiency Assessment).
- Downloadable materials including: Course Manuals, Lecture Slides, Glossary, and more.
- The Launch Your Lab Guidebook.
- Bonus Course 1: Introduction to Permaculture by Graham Bell.
- Bonus Course 2: Soil Sponge Regen Workshop by Didi Pershouse.
THEORY + PRACTICE
BioCompleteTM Compost Training Bundle
Study the science and application methods behind the Soil Food Web Approach in the Foundation Courses, then work with one of our highly skilled mentors to create your own biological compost and master the microscope.
Once you’ve successfully completed this program, you will:
Be able to use the microscope to assess the biology in your compost and in your soils.
Be certified as a Soil Food Web Lab-Technician (optional), so you can perform soil biology assessments for other farmers in your area, creating another income stream.
Be well on the way to implementing the Soil Food Web Approach on your land.
Included in the Consultant Kickstarter Bundle
The Soil Food Web Foundation Courses
In Foundation Course 1 you will learn:
- About the damage that modern agriculture has done to soils all over the world.
- How Regenerative Agriculture is the soil-ution and how you can rapidly regenerate your soils with the Soil Food Web Approach.
- How the Soil Food Web Approach can be adopted on any scale and in almost any environment, with a multitude of crops.
- About the 4 major groups of Beneficial Microorganisms that are needed to restore ecosystem functions to your soil.
- How Beneficial Microbes work in harmony with your crops to nourish and protect them.
- How benefits such as increased yields, reduced erosion, reduced pest, disease and weed pressures etc. can be achieved.
- About several projects from around the world that Dr. Elaine Ingham has worked on personally.
- About some of the management practices you can adopt to ensure that the biology in your soils is not compromised.
- How soil structure is created by beneficial microbes, improving water infiltration in clay soils and better water retention in sandy soils. And how good structure enables plants and beneficial microbes to penetrate deep into the soil profile, improving plant health.
- How beneficial microbes access the abundance of nutrients stored in the parent material (think sand and clay particles) and how this is then made available to your plants.
- How plants influence the soil biome, by releasing sugary exudates that feed specific groups of beneficial microbes, in return for nutrients.
- How having a balanced soil biome can result in great benefits, such as Weed Suppression and Increased Carbon or Organic Matter content.
In Foundation Course 2 you will learn:
- About the different definitions of compost and why we consider it as a means of multiplying beneficial microbes instead of just a way of delivering nutrients to the soil.
- How to make your own Biological Compost, using Dr. Elaine’s close-control composting method that enables beneficial microbes to multiply rapidly, while suppressing detrimental microbes.
- Techniques that can be used to balance the biology in your compost, ensuring that the 4 main groups of microbes are present.
- How to apply Biological Compost to your soils so that beneficial microbes can interact with your plants in the root zone, offering nutrition and protection.
- About the various types of methods and equipment that can be used to produce Biological Compost, depending on scale. This includes vermicompost and hot-composting.
In Foundation Course 3 you will learn:
- How to produce Biological Extracts and Teas from your Biological Compost, using different types of equipment depending on the scale you are operating at.
- About the uses and application methods of Biological Extracts and Teas
- How to apply Biological Liquid Amendments to your soils using different equipment, depending on the scale of your project. And how you can use conventional spraying equipment with some minor modifications.
In Foundation Course 4 you will learn:
- How to correctly set-up and use a compound microscope.
- About the biological morphology of the 4 major groups of beneficial soil microorganisms.
- How to identify and quantify the key groups of beneficial microbes that all soils need in order to be fully functional, using the compound microscope. This will enable you to conduct your own soil biology assessments.
- How to process and interpret data.
- How to recognize microarthropods, algae, pollen and other objects in your soil.
What You Will Learn
- You’ll be assigned to one of our highly trained Mentors who will guide you as you work towards mastering the art of making BioComplete™ Compost using the techniques you have studied in the Foundation Courses.
- You will also work 1-on-1 with your Mentor to develop your microscopy skills to the required standard to become a Certified Soil Food Web Lab-Tech.
- You’ll learn from the experience of others as your Mentor will be able to advise you on common mistakes to avoid, when making your compost.
- 26 hours of total Mentor Time dedicated to helping you to make your own Biological Compost and Master the Microscope.
- Free listing in the directory of Certified Soil Food Web Lab-Techs, once you pass the Microscopy Proficiency Assessment (MPA).
- The Guide to Making Small Scale BioComplete™ Compost manual.
- The Certified Lab-Tech Program (CLP) Course Manual.
- The Launch Your Lab Guidebook.
Graham is an internationally respected teacher, author and lecturer in Permaculture and other aligned disciplines over the last thirty years. He was the first person in Britain to be awarded the Diploma in Permaculture by Bill Mollison personally, in 1990. His home in the Scottish Borders with his wife Nancy boasts the longest-standing intentional food forest garden in Britain. Over a thousand visitors a year (in previous times) attest to the amazing productivity of this space.
- What is Permaculture?
- 12 Principles of Permaculture
- Three ethics: Earth Care, People Care, Fair Shares
- Importance of Observation
- Design Sequences
- Why do trees matter and how do they work?
- The Answer Lies in the Soil
- Cycles of Intervention
- Zones, Sectors and Throughputs
- 18 Lectures and Quizzes
- Downloadable Course Materials
- Certificate of Completion
Didi Pershouse is the author of The Ecology of Care: Medicine, Agriculture, Money, and the Quiet Power of Human and Microbial Communities and Understanding Soil Health and Watershed Function. She teaches participatory workshops both in person and online, helping to show the nested relationships between soil health, human health, water cycles, and climate resiliency. She is the founder of the Land and Leadership Initiative and the Center for Sustainable Medicine, and a co-founder of the “Can we Rehydrate California?” Initiative. She is an independent trainer and curriculum developer for the UN-FAO Farmer Field School Program and the Andhra Pradesh Community Managed Natural Farming Initiative in India. She was one of five speakers at the United Nations-FAO World Soil Day in 2017.
Healthy soil is the fundamental infrastructure that makes life on land possible, but only when it is alive and functions like a sponge. A living “soil sponge” can soak up rain, store and filter water; and provide health, resilience, and thriving economies for the communities that grow from it.
Farmers and communities that create conditions for a soil sponge to grow experience interrelated benefits such as:
- Healthier crops, animals, and people
- Abundant clean water
- Cooler regional temperatures
- Reduction of wildfire risk
- Resilience to flood and drought
- Reduced erosion, dredging, and road repairs
- Higher farm profitability
- Prevention of algae blooms and dead zones
- Cleaner air
- Increased biodiversity
- Reduced conflicts over resources
- Improved local economies
- Putting atmospheric carbon to work creating landscapes that support all of life.
- Landscapes that Work for All of Life
- Collaborating with the Essential Workforce of Other Species
- Measuring Change for Long Term Success
- Money, Life, and Land
- Choosing Effective Intervention Points
Participants will gain:
- a working knowledge of whole systems landscape function
- an increased ability to evaluate land management decisions, practices, and policies
- tools to create and lead soil health initiatives in your region
- a community of practice: deep discussions with people working towards similar aims.
Participants will also have:
- A clear picture of soil’s central role in addressing current economic, social, and environmental pressures.
- A scientific understanding of the living matrix of the soil carbon sponge, and its relationship to carbon, water, and nutrient cycles.
What you’ll get with this workshop:
- Interactive peer learning environment.
- Network with other students/farmers in the group setting.
- 5 weekly sessions each lasting 2.5 hours.
Meet Your Instructors
With this limited-time training bundle offer, you’ll get access to three world-famous teachers’ life works in one online platform.
Dr. Elaine Ingham
B.A., M.S., Ph.D, Founder of Soil Food Web
Dr. Ingham has advanced our knowledge about the soil food web for over 4 decades. Widely recognized as the world’s foremost soil biologist, she’s passionate about empowering ordinary people to bring the soils in their community back to life.
Didi Pershouse is the founder of the Land and Leadership Initiative, and the author of two books: The Ecology of Care: Medicine, Agriculture, Money, and the Quiet Power of Human and Microbial Communities, and Understanding Soil Health and Watershed Function.
Author, Permaculture Expert
Graham Bell is Chair of Permaculture Scotland & Permaculture Association Britain, and is the longest-serving Permaculture Teacher in the UK . He is the author of The Permaculture Way and The Permaculture Garden. He is a registered Certified Teacher with PAB and Permaculture Institute of Australia. He is the first holder of the Elders Award in the UK and Honorary Elder in Australia.
Study the Science, Create your own Biological Compost,
and Master the Microscope
THEORY + PRACTICE
$1,130 OFF Foundation Courses
FREE BONUS Compost & Microscopy Mentoring
FREE BONUS Introduction to Permaculture
FREE BONUS Soil Sponge Regen Workshop
This offer will end at midnight on October 28th 2021
You’ll get a 32-day, no questions asked, money-back guarantee on the total price paid. The only condition is that you have watched 32 lectures or less of the Foundation Courses.
Here’s What Our Students Are Saying…
I am overwhelmed by the depth and thoroughness of these courses…I am still amazed at the amount of content. Absolutely love it… The classes are absolutely fabulous.Rob MosierSoil Food Web Student
I'm learning so much that I never knew before, after receiving a degree in Horticulture. She explains everything so well and precise! I'm so excited to start this journey with the Soil Food Web School!Kyle BabcockSoil Food Web Student
I would like to thank Dr. Elaine for her dedication to making our soils healthy and the excellent presentations she made during her lectures. She was very thorough and clear. I enjoyed it immensely!Lynn ThurstonOwner, Blue Sky Produce
Great information, it has given me a new outlook for the future of farming.Vernon HafsoSoil Food Web Student
I intend on this becoming my career and I am loving every minute! Worth every penny! She does a really good job breaking down complex systems in a way that is easy to understand.Jennifer RalstonSoil Food Web Student
It was one of the greatest classes I have ever taken and I’m very excited at the possibility of being able to take the Consultant Training Program.Adam QueenSoil Food Web Student
I'd been somewhat floundering in and out of the scientific world for a lot of my adult life, not finding much to feel inspired about, and I feel like that's shifted with finding the Soil Food Web School.Joshua StoneSoil Food Web Student
There's nobody like [Dr. Elaine] in the world! I don’t want to listen to anybody else because nobody else knows what she knows!John GehlSoil Food Web Student
I’ve taken many different adult education courses and professional certifications throughout my career and I do appreciate this format. I find it to be very adaptable to people’s different situations and learning styles.Eamon GradySoil Food Web Student
I have greatly appreciated this course. It has filled in gaps in my knowledge on how to heal depleted soil.April DivineSoil Food Web Student
”Saved Client $1 Million While Eliminating Pesticides & GMOTodd HarringtonOwner of Harrington’s Organic Land Care
"One of my clients out in the Midwest does soy and corn. In 3 years they completely eliminated Roundup… switched over to non-GMO, and just that alone had saved them over $1M."